The main objective is to handle large number of passengers and to secure daily transactions of operators. To achieve this objective, automatic fare collection system should be simple, easy to use/operate, easy on accounting facilities, capable of digitization, amenable for quick fare changes and require overall lesser manpower. In view of above, computer based automatic fare collection system has to be implemented.
TRANSITION FROM MANUAL PAYMENT TO FILIPAY AUTOMATIC FARE COLLECTION SYSTEM
Manual fare collection systems have the following inherent disadvantages:
1. Large number of staff is required for issue and checking of tickets (for Bus and UV Express)
2. Change of fare structure is time consuming.
3. Losses is impossible to track.
4. Staff and passenger interaction leading to more chances of confrontation.
5. 100% ticket checking at entry / exit impossible.
6. Paper-based fare collection systems are easy to manipulate and difficult to manage.
7. Endless paper work can pile up on auditing process.
FILIPAY automatic fare collection system have the following advantages:
1. Less number of staff required.
2. Less possibility of leakage of revenue due to centralized fare collection system.
3. Recycling of ticket fraudulently by staff avoided.
4. Efficient and easy to operate, faster evacuation both in normal and emergency.
5. System is amenable for quick fare changes.
6. Management information reports generation easy.
7. System has multi-operator capabilities.
8. AFCS are the worldwide accepted systems for Metro environment.
9. Payment-Digitization proves to be efficient and cost-effective.
10. Real-time tracking of transactions.